ReadTheWorld

Read The World

I would read every last book on this planet if I could. Rationally knowing that I can't, I'll sure try to read as many books as possible before my time's up!

The Elephant Vanishes
Alfred Birnbaum, Jay Rubin, Haruki Murakami

Read The World

I've been reading for a long time, and I love it.
I love keeping track of the books I read, and for a few years now, I've been keeping a "Book Jar": every time I finish a book, I add it to the jar. Usually, it's around 50 books a year. But recently I decided that I should do more than that –more than just writing the title in a piece of paper and storing it away– if I have the opportunity of sharing this experience, why don't I?
Thus, the creation of this blog.
My goal is to read as much as I can in my lifetime, and hopefully my bookshelf ends up being as varied as possible. I know so far my reads have been mainly in English and of occidental origin (mainly classics, YA Lit, and some Latin American books sprinkled here and there) but I want to change that soon enough. Fiction has always been my first choice, but this year I have begun to read more science and not-fiction books too.
This blog is kind of a test drive, so I don't know if anyone will see or read this. Anyway, if you do, I hope you enjoy this journey too!